Benevolent Dictatorship

Mike McDonald mikemac@teleport.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:51:40 -0800 (PST)

>From lispos-request@math.gatech.edu  Thu Mar 19 15:25:36 1998
>Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:09:28 +0100
>From: "Gavin E. Gleason" <ggleason@tvi.cc.nm.us>
>To: LispOS Mailling List <lispos@math.gatech.edu>
>Subject: Benevolent Dictatorship
>

>.  From what I've seen so
>far there is not a massive divergence in ideas about "what" should be in
>the lisp OS.  Most of the divergence is in the "how".

  Have any of you read the last 1800 messages on this list? If that
doesn't convince you that there is indeed a "massive divergence" of
ideas then I guess I don't know what you mean by that term!

>	1. scheme or lisp.  Yikes!  Thats a dangerous one :).

  Yikes is right. We've been over this one. Again and again and again ...

>	2. Bootstraping.  This is a particularly difficult question,
>as the FLUX OS toolkit is unavailable.  I think that we should open the
>table for motions on options in this catagory

  That kind of leaves a stripped down Linux or BSD. And we've been
over this one many a times before too.

>			Gavin E. Gleason

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@mikemac.com