Benevolent Dictatorship

Damond Walker moribund@netgsi.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:04:53 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Kragen wrote:

> I guess that means no one with the ability cares enough to implement
> something.  So there will never be a freely-available Lisp OS, unless
> you count GNU Emacs, which doesn't even have threads.

	Maybe so, but I think there is enough going on "here and there" to
eventually come to some kind of OS.  Maybe not this year...maybe not next
year...  I think OS is a moot point at this time.  Seeing as LispOS
will eventually take it over anyway...get something to work and let it
grow from there.  Remove the Linux-ism here, the WinNT gotcha there...it's
a process but it has to start SOMEWHERE.

> Someone needs to write some code.  It doesn't have to be perfect; it
> doesn't have to satisfy everyone; it just has to be exciting enough to
> get other people to help.

	Exciting?  Hell, I'd settle for some that "sort of worked" at this
point.  :)

						Damond