Benevolent Dictatorship

Chris Bitmead chrisb@ans.com.au
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 02:12:45 +0000

Kragen wrote:

> I suspect that this choice is inconsequential.  I think it'll be fairly
> easy to support either Common Lisp or Scheme in the same OS framework.

I don't think it will be easy at all. A LispOS means an OS that
is totally integrated with the language. It may well be possible,
but I don't believe it will be easy to do properly. Half of the
"kernel" (or whatever we call it), will be running in that
language, and unlike a UNIX kernel, there won't be a very small
set of kernel calls. Everything will be integrated from top to
bottom.

--
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb