Benevolent Dictatorship

Rainer Joswig joswig@lavielle.com
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:30:10 +0100

At 11:19 Uhr -0500 20.03.1998, Kragen wrote:

<about Emacs>

>It obviously needs some work: threads and CLOS are a minimum.  JIT is probably
>a priority.  These are big jobs.  CMU CL already has them, right?  (I haven't
>used CMU CL.)

Erik Naggum is interested in porting Emacs to Common Lisp
(starting with ACL) using CLIM. This could be a killer application -
which also could be the user interface central for a LispOS.
His motivation is to get rid of Emacs Lisp and its implementation.
A decent version of Common Lisp would be a better base for an
editor (which might not be big - just look at MCL).

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2b, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 658088, Fax: +49 40 65808-202,
Email: joswig@lavielle.com , WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/