Benevolent Dictatorship

Harvey J. Stein hjstein@bfr.co.il
20 Mar 1998 21:47:27 +0300

Rainer Joswig <joswig@lavielle.com> writes:

> At 20:20 Uhr +0300 20.03.1998, Harvey J. Stein wrote:
> >I know I'm talking to myself, but to substantiate my claims, I wanted
> >to list current linux ports (from
> >http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/devel.html):
>
> GCC plays in important role in this. Take care of your
> compiler! Write backends.

Absolutely.  I mentioned somewhere that there was substantially less
work necessary because of the existence of GNU & X, most notably
having gcc (or some other C compiler) either running on the target
systems or capable of cross compiling for the target systems.  Not to
mention the hordes patching & reconfiguring said free software for
Linux.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research