Why LispOS?

Mike McDonald mikemac@mikemac.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:54:16 -0800

>From: "J. Han" <hjh@best.com>
>Subject: Re: Why LispOS?
>To: mikemac@teleport.com (Mike McDonald)
>Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:29:13 -0800 (PST)
>
>To Old Timers:
>
>I have been meaning to ask this question and present discussion
>seems to be a good place to ask it:
>
>	What is it like using a Lisp Machine?

   Nirvana! :-)

>[If you can post a ftpable mpeg showing a short presentation of Genera,
>that would be great.  I guess the presentation script should be
>tight and concise to keep the length and mpeg size manageble.
>Hmm, I wonder how big is a 10 minuite mpeg (800x600)?
>Even more I am willing to fork over small sum of money for a videotape
>demonstration...]

  Hmm. I used to have a copy of the Symbolics video. It was on 1/2
inch tape (from the days before BCRs). I'll have to look around and
see if I can still find it. (I used to know what box it was in last
fall before I moved to Oregon. Now, there's no telling!)

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@mikemac.com