Why LispOS?

BRIAN SPILSBURY zhivago@iglou.com
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:03:51 -0500 (EST)

> Yeah, well it's all very well to complain that we havn't done
> much and you have, when you're getting paid to develop something.
> Instead of whining, why don't you help with the 'net effort? Nah,
> you're too busy building something proprietry right?
>
> --
> Chris Bitmead

This is somewhat uncalled for, kelly has contributed a lot to this
list, especially last time it was active. His cynicism is well founded
and does not need this kind of snide reply.

Why did the list die down last time? Not because it had any different
ideas to this time, but because nothing got started. People stopped
talking once it was clear that nothing was happening, and either went
away or went off to start something, and come back when they had a core
to build upon.

If you want the list to serve a purpose you'll need to get several people
to agree on doing something, and co-ordinate via the list, or wait until
someone who has gone away has a core they consider worthy of being built
upon.

Those are your two choices.
Pick one.