License for Code?

Dave Mason dmason@scs.Ryerson.CA
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:44:50 -0500

cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu writes:
> > I'd hope it's some variation of the GPL or the GPL itself.
>
> I don't particularly care what license we follow as
> long as it allows for free development and distrubution
> and prevents code from being "appropriated" by commercial
> entities who then slap their own license on the code itself.

My code will not be GPL'ed.  I *want* companies to be able to use my
code, so that there become more systems out there that are built using
Scheme and modern implementation techniques.  I just don't want them
to be able to appropriate my code and claim it's theirs.

I've not decided finally, but I will likely use the BSD license form
or the RScheme one.

I'm not saying this to try to convince anyone that they shouldn't GPL
their code, but simply to say that if that is a requirement of
software ``provided'' to the project, it won't include my code.

../Dave