CC:, To:, etc.

Kragen kragen@pobox.com
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:10:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, James A. Crippen wrote:
> We're all on the list, so unless the communication is
> private don't bother to add CCs to particular people.  It's mildly
> annoying to have to sort out duplicates and delete them.  So don't cc, and
> don't 'reply to all recipients' in the pine idiom.  That makes life easier
> for those of us who still use text-based (vs GUI) mail readers.

I don't know how other people feel about this, but having a Cc: to me
in the header makes it easy for Pine to pick out that the message is a
response to something I wrote, not just a general LispOS posting.

I don't mind getting two copies.

Kragen

The sages do not believe that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe,
rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his
mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.  -- Wang Yang-Ming