a good volunteer

Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:30:53 +0000

--Boundary_(ID_VKGOl/q2bvDNQ3uOlvqmAQ)

> Ray> Actually, I've joined the list sometime after it quit being
> Ray> active, too.  My "read" from the archive was that things were
> Ray> stalled waiting for a real honest-to-goodness LISP compiler that
> Ray> compiled things to code just as fast and efficient as if they'd
> Ray> been written in C and compiled with GCC.
Chris>
Chris> IMHO what happened was that after a lot of discussion, it became
Chris> apparent that it was impossible to agree upon a single design upon
Chris> which to work. In the lack of TOUP (The One Unified Plan), it was more
Chris> or less explicitly agreed that we needed to get some code on the table
Chris> before collective progress can be made.

I had some ideas of collecting the vastness of information provided
by the lispos members, but then i was forced to realize that i haven't
any time. (120% work and 20% degree project doesn't make a very funny
life).

I had another idea about listing possible discussions subjects, like
CommonLisp vs. Scheme vs. something-inbetween-them-lisp, and make
regular summaries, but i haven't time for that either.

Chris> There are people around the list working on various corners, so it
Chris> being quiet isn't (necessarily) just an indication of nothing being
Chris> done.
Chris>
Chris> But how about it folks? Are we dead or alive?

I'm currently looking in other directions:
    - rscheme + my degree project plan executor (alternative to
      reactive (approximately equals bottom-up-reacting) systems
      for autonomous vehicles),
    - rscheme + something with fonts and Xwindows making it easy
      and fun to develop for Linux.

My current interests about any OS is to run a plan executor very
near the hardware, which would imply that i should take contact with
the AIOS group, but... later. Maybe there are AIOSers whose ideas are
in the direction of LISP?

--
med vänliga hälsningar (greetings)

Tomas Kindahl
 Email:     Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se     Telephone:  +46 13 183927
 Room:      112-1313.2, 112 vån2      Dept:        FNS-TK
 Snailmail: T Kindahl/FNS-TK; SAAB Aerospace AB; S-581 88 Linköping; SWEDEN
 Phone home:  +46 13 171107           Shoe number: 43
 Private URL: http://hem.passagen.se/rursus/
 Homemail:    Tomas Kindahl; Skrivaregatan 11; S-586 47 Linköping; SWEDEN

--Boundary_(ID_VKGOl/q2bvDNQ3uOlvqmAQ)--