What? Max is alive?

Tril tril at tunes.org
Wed Aug 22 00:15:19 PDT 2007

Hi Max fans.

I bet you forgot you were on this list.

I've been digging up the code for Max lately and trying to work on it.
As a start, I've updated the max website, http://max.tunes.org/ with
two additions.

1. Change to darcs version management system.  The darcs repository is
http://max.tunes.org/repos/.  It contains the previous change history
from CVS, thanks to cvs2darcs.

2. Release of preliminary alpha-quality demo code for a 3-D OpenGL GUI
(sync.lisp) for SBCL.  Contains modified portions of the CL-SDL
wrappers cl-sdl, cl-sdl-opengl, cl-sdl-ttf.

Expected soon:

Defining file load dependencies using ASDF

Integration with the Elephant persistent store from
http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/

Rewriting eval.nw to use push-based data flow instead of pull

Integration with the OpenGL GUI, starting with making the text widgets
manipulate max strings.  I'm considering using McCLIM for this and
future interface development.

--Tril