The LL language. [arf6]

Andreas Arff ANDREASA@dhhalden.no
26 Apr 93 14:05:05 +0100

> >> my proposition is
> >> 3) Create a stack language, which is EASY to port and interpret, as well
> >> as to simplify and compile, and which is near from the tree representation
> >> obtained while parsing. Quick and efficient.
> >
> > Yes, but you can do this in both case 1 and 2:-).
> >
>  Method 2 is much slower and redundant. It should be excluded but for human
> readability (using some kind of assembler/disassembler). Let's choose method 1.
>  However, remember we define our LL up to a quickly computed isomorphism
> (coding/decoding) so that each representation (host memory, disk, etc) may
> choose a proper format (using numbers or pointers, etc).

Even though it may be easier to use no. 1, I belive it would be slower.
The tree would have to do lots of "strcpm" to chose the path to the compiled
code, while an integer represenation as in no. 2 would only need a "cmp".

I'm no language guru so I don't actually now myself, but at least it seems
as no. 2. would be faster.

> Fare

Arff
sig.'s in for 1000 miles service