Moose (You guys...)

Dennis Marer dmarer@td2cad.intel.com
Fri, 12 Feb 93 17:34:02 PDT

>    We will need some basic device support for bootstrapping, but beyond
> that I agree.
> (stuff deleted)
>    Anyone with enough spare time can build their own interface to
> practically any system (with the possible exception of MacOS,) so I
> don't see why we should be any different. The question is, what do WE
> build. If we have an object-oriented system then we should show it off
> with object-oriented shells and GUI.
>(stuff deleted)
>    I agree that the basic kernel itself needn't be object-oriented, as
> long as it has an object-oriented interface and support for system and
> user objects.
>(stuff deleted)
>    I think we've reached a concensus on this point.

I think so also!  Even though I intended this to be (originally) an OOP GUI
based OS, it's more practical and logical to make the kernel as simple as
possible and leave that stuff for additions.  The kernel should *know* about
objects, and be able to handle them, but it shouldn't *really* be OOP.
Sounds good!

			Dennis