Project Name

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Fri, 12 Feb 93 20:31:10 -0500

   Ok, we've had on-and-off discussions on a name for the project. I'd
like to take a quick poll to see which of several recently proposed
names you prefer. This will in no way be a binding vote (I think the
net-term is Straw Poll,) but if everyone wants the same thing, then we
should probably go with it.
   Please reply to me (duzan@cis.udel.edu) with your preference:

       MOOSE
       OSPREy
       Midgard
        Other: Please Specify

   I'll post a summary of the results at the end of next week (Feb 19.)

   While I'm here, we might as well discuss decision-making for the
project. I'd say that issues should be decided by 2/3 majority
concensus whenever possible. When impossible, it might be expedient
to have Dennis or someone else in the position to make arbitrary
dicisions from among the more popular views. We will also need
someone to keep track of the design decisions and compile them into a
design document for the group to follow. The alternative is endless
debate, an unclear design, and little (if any) actual group code.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts