What are the goal of MOOSE

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Mon, 15 Feb 93 09:36:48 -0500

=>Not unlikely, do you take care of the Alpha part...
=>Let's make the system before we start to port it, is that ok for you all?

   Well, if you want to buy me an Alpha, I'll port the system to it. :-)
Yes, we should certainly build it before we start porting it, but if
portability is a goal, then we should keep that in mind while putting
together the design.

=>> =>What do we know of the common PC users of today?
=>>
=>>    Far too much, in my experience. :-)
=>
=>I'm not to sure about that...

   Ok, then, not as much as we need to know, but more than we want to.
:-)

=>If we make both things we risc ending up with a new Windows, suffering from
=>the OS.
=>"Windows NT from those who brought you Windows"
=>...
=>"Windows from those who brought you Edlin"
=>
   Yes, but we have the advantage of starting from scratch knowing
(roughly, anyway) where we are headed. And we haven't brought anyone
anything yet.

=>Yes, but how should we enforce a standard user interface for the apps, if
=>we don't put some restrictions on what can be done. (See my part with
=>WordPerfect) Without a standard ui, it will not get accepted.

   Hmmm. Probably true. We should certainly at least set up a basic
framework for manipulating objects in the GUI. However, I'm not sure
application developers would appreciate us forcing them into a
straightjacket when they want to write a program.

=>Got to do some work.

   What's that? :-)

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts