MUSIC revision -INFINITY

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Tue, 16 Feb 93 08:41:23 -0500

=>> MUSIC will be a completely graphical user interface.  There will
=>> be no command line prompt whatsoever UNTIL the gui is finished.
=>> This I feel is the fundamental problem with current OS's.  They
=>> write and OS using a text command prompt and then slap the GUI
=>> on next.
=>
=>This is exactly what I feel.

   I must have missed this bit when I went through the original the
first time. Here I must disagree. There is no reason why a well
designed operating system should be specifically text-oriented or
graphics-oriented. A simple text interface would let us get the system
running sooner and allow for testing without having to wait for the GUI
to be completed. As long as we know that the text interface is not
going to be the primary user environment, we should be fine.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts