Moose version -INFINITY

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Tue, 16 Feb 93 18:45:12 -0500

=>"Gary D. Duzan" <duzan@udel.edu> writes:
=>>   This is roughly the same vision of a GUI that I had in mind. Now,
=>>assuming this basic GUI structure, what OS facilities do we need to
=>>support it? We will need some method of communication between the
=>>program object and the window object. Since window access is
=>>restricted, we will need some method of authorization (authentication?)
=>>in order to enforce the proper restrictions.
=>>   We should not put the cart before the horse. An OS is not a GUI
=>>(unless, of course, you take the Microsoft view.) Instead, let's keep
=>>in mind that our horse is going to have to pull a cart, and spec out
=>>the horse accordingly. Also, if we stick to the minimal kernel, object-
=>>oriented idea, I should be able to ride the horse without having to
=>>pull a cart behind me. A cart is no good without a horse (unless you
=>>want to pull it yourself.) I'd extend the metaphor further, but that
=>>would just be beating a dead horse. :-)
=>
=>But I thought it was a Moose! ;-)

   Fine.

:%s/horse/moose/g
:%s/cart/sleigh/g

:-)

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts