On Peters attempt to make a smaller group [djg28]

David Garfield david@davgar.arlington.va.us
Fri, 04 Jun 1993 00:57:13 EDT

On Thu, 3 Jun 93 14:40:46 +0200, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to present two points.
>
> 1. Who is absolutely interested in designing ROI for Moose? (I mean, who is
>    not able to live without it :-) This is the first attempt to create a smaller
>    group. Maybe we can setup a smaller alias list. And others are not bombed
>    with mails.
> Ad 1.
>
> I want to form a smaller group of interested people, to force a useful
> specification on ROI (where a 1 is the major number ...). I plan to inform the
> whole Moose community periodically each quarter a year. (If this is QUIRKS:
> I mean after 3 weeks.) In my opinion we should create smaller groups, where
> people talk especially and exactly about one (1) topic, and where mails
> referencing to multiple sujects can be avoided. What do you think?
>
> Peter

There is a serious problem with trying to make a smaller group for
ROI.  ROI as you call it is the core of Moose.  It is the one of the
things that makes Moose Moose.  ROI is after all the messaging
facility of Moose, and so is crutial.  No one should even consider not
participating in, or at least paying attention to, this discussion.

David

--
David Garfield/2250 Clarendon Blvd/Arlington, VA 22201   (703)522-9416
Email: david%davgar@uunet.uu.net or garfield@verdi.sra.com