Home Boxes?

Dan Odom danodom@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Sat, 5 Jun 93 13:58:05 CDT

Andreas Arff Said:

> Havn't read the GNU licens agreement so...

All it says is that, if you use any GNU code in your program, you must
distribute it under the terms of the GNU license, which says that if
anyone uses code from your program in their programs, they must
distribute it under the terms of the GNU license, which says that...

> > Ah, Arrf supports software patents.  Maybe I'll post my League
> > position papers to the list... :-0
>
> Supports and supports, weeeeell I don't mind beeing the owner of licensed
> software. After, we are all programmer, and our work is our hobby, but
> when we work with our hobby, we need money for.

The league has nothing against copyrighted and licensed software; the
FSF and Project GNU do, but they are both independent of the LPF.  All
three were founded by the same guy (Richard Stallman, a.k.a. RMS), but
are different entities.  The League does _not_ oppose copyright on
individual programs.  We do oppose software patents, and also UI
copyright.  If anyone is interested, I can send you our paper `Against
Software Patents'.  I have it in TeX source form and in Postscript.

> I suggest you to send your papers to njale@dhhalden.no. You'd do the world
> a huge favour!

Uh oh.. Why?

--