Pthhbbbt. [06/07, pem]

Peter Mueller mueller@sc.ZIB-Berlin.DE
Mon, 7 Jun 93 10:38:04 +0200

> =>[Subject should be more like 'phew!']
> =>
> =>I know, I know, I know. Actually I'm extremely too late. But I think I should
> =>write something, too. Now.
> =>
> =>I'm currently trying to get some order in my received Moose mails. A can't help
> =>me, but I've read some of the 'Pthhbbbt' mails. I read some sort of:
> =>
> =>... Moose should be useful ...
> =>... Moose should be easy to program ...
> =>... Moose should grab much acceptance ...
> =>
> =>Well, well, well. Nice goals, though. But: How is it in reality? If you want
> =>Moose to be used in a wide spreaded user area you will have to consider the
> =>following thing:
> =>
>    [ ... Stuff about DOS and Unix interfaces ... ]
>
>    Are you talking about shells, APIs, or binaries? None of these
> should be in the base package, IMHO. Well, maybe a shell, but not
> the others.

Yup. I think that's the first part. (I don't think, that it is too much work
to add, for example, a shell with ms-dos-like commands.) I still believe,
offering the user a well-known interface will give us much more acceptance.
Especially when commands provide the same 'look-and-feel'.

In the second part (which must be NOT implemented now!!!) I wish to offer
an object, say MSDOS, where it should be possible to execute 'normal' msdos
programs. (Again: I don't want it NOW! It's just a future view.)

Sorry, if I've again had said something, which was misunderstood ...

Peter

PS: But that's for the GUI/TUI designer. As this is not my primer
part, I will go and concentrate on IPC and ROI ;-)