KER,THREAD arf 1 - Thread definition

Andreas Arff ANDREASA@dhhalden.no
8 Mar 93 22:02:43 +0100

Actually I'm not the one that should start this thread (hahaha) but someone
must/should.

Thread definition:
A thread is a part of a task that can _act_ as a separate task in the meaning
of program execution, but is a method in a program and shares the program
data and code-space.
Meaning of program execution means that it has got its own entry in the task-
list.
The thread must contain abilities to lock and unlock data, and the code that
initializes the thread should be able to do so before the thread start its own
execution.

Add your point of view, and I'll try to compile something at the end of
the week.

Now flame on (anyway this is my comprehension of threads).

Why am I doing this...?

Arff

PS. Keep your messages small. I think we should rather send one message for
each thing we want to discuss. Hope you feel the same.
DS

Arff
sig.'s in for 1000 miles service
        --Andreas Arff          andreasa@dhhalden.no--