Processes and Communication (2)

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Thu, 11 Mar 93 07:11:00 -0500

=>I've read the paper.
=>The main argument seems to be that there is benefit in having a system wide
=>address space as opposed to a separate address space for each program.
=>
=>This has nothing to do with the size/existance of the kernel (IMHO)

   True, but the second paper I referenced (from Communications of the
ACM) does discuss the possibility of a communication mechanism (or
coordination language, as he calls it) eliminating the need for a kernel.
The first paper just struck me as a possible way of implementing it.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts