ORG, ROI, pem - Specification 03/16/93

Michael David WINIKOFF winikoff@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu, 18 Mar 93 22:42:20 EST

> I don't agree ; here is my proposition:
>
> >         +-------------+    Kernel   +----------------+
> >         | An Object   |<----------->| its dictionary |
> >         +-------------+    = ROI    +----------------+
> > Fig. 3 b
>
> >    A DNS location request solved by a kernel service is shown in Fig. 3. For
> > simplicity only two privilege levels are shown, user and kernel level.
> My figure has no privilege levels. No such thing is needed. Kernel is ROI.

The DNS is ONLY used when boting the system.
It's role is to give the object it's dictionary.

If as you suggest an object gets given a dictionary when it is created then
the DSN is only used for the initial object.

[Aside: I think dictionary's shouldn't be a special thing associated with an
object -- any object that you know about that supports the right methods should
be a dictionary]