Mach 3.0

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Fri, 19 Mar 93 14:26:18 -0500

In Message <9303191722.AA01900@tdge15.intel.com> ,
   Dennis Marer <dmarer@td2cad.intel.com> wrote:
=>Howdy Moosers!
=>
=>	I've been hearing things lately about a kernel called Mach 3.0, so I
=>thought I'd do some research and see what it's about.  I've just FTPed some o
=>the docs, but haven't had a chance to read them.  Thought y'all might want to
=>take a look as well!  Just trying to get some more info on kernels.
=>
=>				Dennis

   From what I've heard of Mach 3.0, it is probably larger than what
we want. They put a lot of emphasis on virtual memory, and provide an
extensive set of memory management functions. I understood that our
kernel was going to be lighter than that. They do, however, put the
higher level functionality in user-level tasks.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts