ORG, GEN arf1

Andreas Arff ANDREASA@dhhalden.no
26 Mar 93 09:40:37 +0100

Howdy all elgers

I have some things to say about the organization. It stinks.
Yes, this is another of those "nowwemustputourselftogether" mails.

First:
Let's divide into smaller groups.

Second:
Let's get something done.

I suggest these groups:
1) Kernel
   Nucleus(?) - Dennis is boss, he has already done some work with this.
   ROI - Peter?

2) Common IO devices - pretty large area but the most important first.
  All reporting is done to the Leader in this group.
   - Keyboard
   - Disks (Harddisk/floppy disk)
   - com-port/Mice
   - parallell ports
   - SCSI interface - Someone has already mentioned his interest for this
   - UI - I'll take that part if no one objects, anyway this is why I'm here.

3) Language support - Fare'

Now we have a working OS?
I suppose most of you have an "area" they want to work with.

Now what are you going to do now. Write a flameing letter telling me to go to
hell, or complain over putting you together with that nut-head, or telling me
that no norwegian is going to decide what to do when?
I say NO!

Now what you are going to do!
Send me a PRIVATE mail together with your wish. What would you like to work
with? If there are things you think I have forgot (as the group deciding what
the object should look like?:-) don't hesistate to mention it.
Now, this don't mean we must stop these discussions about eg. memory
allocation schemes, only that we must more than discuss!
Also tell me whether you would like to become a group chief.
There are two already, if they don't change their minds, Dennis and Fare'.

Now if there is interrest we can split group two into smaller parts.
You might protest I have put myself up on the (G)UI group, but if you
don't like it you should have told us so the second week of Januar:-).

Ok, send me a mail and I'll work out a working list as fast as I can, and if
you don't respond within a small time I'll put you up in the group that I
think needs you.

Ok,ok,ok here from you?

Arff

PS. Now DM has given you rules. Obey these and your work will be fruitful,
remeber we are powerful as long there are unity and we obey the rules.
sig.'s in for 1000 miles service
        --Andreas Arff          andreasa@dhhalden.no--