Where IS everybody

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Sat, 15 May 93 15:48:40 -0400

In Message <9305151724.AA02198@matt.ksu.ksu.edu> ,
   Dan Odom <danodom@matt.ksu.ksu.edu> wrote:

=>
=>Haven't seen much MOOSE activity lately,  not even many responses to
=>Dennis's 'Are you still THERE?' message.
=>
=>If you are all having thoughts of abandoning this project, I want you
=>to know that if you leave I will hunt down each of you
=>individually, cut your testes off with a potato peeler, rip your skin
=>off with a filet knife, dip your internal organs in the Great Salt
=>Lake, and force you to watch Barney reruns till you puke.
=>
=>:-) :-) :-)
=>
   Just a warning: I'm 6'5", 250 lbs., and keep a loaded broadsword
next to my bed. :-)
   We do, however, have a great opportunity for endless debate here.
I've still not seen any agreement on the basic system structure. What
is an object? How do they relate with respect to high-level
languages, protection, scheduling, invocation? Are devices, memory
management, paging, networking, etc., part of the kernel or just
special objects? How do we fit our design decisions to various
architectures? How much should we use existing utilities and
technology?
   Opinions, anyone?

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts