Beginning OS-development.

Ben ben_mail@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 01:44:50 -0800 (PST)

I am currently trying to do the same task i found the following web
page to be of some assistance
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~entropy/os/os-faq.html
you would probley be best to create a small piece of boot code that
could handle the fat file system and then have it load the a small
kernel from disk.
Hope this helps
Ben

---Jonathan James <Jonathan.James@securitysector.com> wrote:

> Dear all.
> Since this list has been brought to some kind of life I would like
to take that opportunity to ask every OS-developer on the list for help.
> I would like to develop my own very small and very simple OS, that
just simply boots into it's environment and then displays a message or
something like that.
> And then after learning how that works, I would probably move on to
more advanced concepts.
> Does anyone on this list own some kind of source that would
demonstrate this fairly simple task, or is there a kind soul out there
who can serve me this code?