trying to explain some words

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 00:16:48 +0200

>>: Fare
>: Logic Lord

>> As soon as you have general parallel and asynchronous computation,
>> you have non-determinism.
>
> I'm not really understanding all of this, but I'd like to confirm a
> possible theory that I have for why this would be....
Asynchrony means that when multiple processes work in parallel
at different rates and/or communicate through media whose speed
and reliability is unknown, you can never know for sure
which messages of multiple messages sent will be received first.
If clients A and B both send requests to server C,
either may be served first, and the face of the world will be changed.

[ "Faré" | VN: Уng-Vû Bân | Join the TUNES project!   http://www.tunes.org/  ]
[ FR: François-René Rideau | TUNES is a Useful, Nevertheless Expedient System ]
[ Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for  a Free Reflective  Computing System ]
The more one knows, the more one knows that one knows not. Science extends
the field of our (meta)ignorance even more than the field of our knowledge.