Exe => Img ????

Srstanek@aol.com Srstanek@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:33:23 EDT

>  But they both have such low traffic that nobody cares.  Maybe they should
>  be merged again.  Paul DID say he wanted to allow ANY topic to be
>  discussed here.  A brainstorming list needs freedom of topic.  We can add
>  lists if necessary.

Agreed. And technically, we are discussing ideas. :)

>  > 3) if you've got more than epsilon of a brain, stop using MS-DoS
>  >   and MS-Losedoze, and instead use linux, where you can just
>  >   dd if=foo.img of=/dev/fd0 sync

That's stupid. In DOS, I can just type "rawrite blah a:" or "writebs blah a:"
(my own util). In fact, this DOS syntax is far easier (programs of course).
And Linux sucks cause it can't find my bus mouse and because it doesn't have
a good assembler (GAS sucks.. at&t... NASM sucks.. crappy abnormal syntax).
And Linux doesn't let you do anything, and it's slower than DOS. I'm not a
lame person that just runs programs; I develop and need full control.

  - vulture a.k.a. Sean Stanek