Inviting comments/suggestions on the Web docs

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Feb 17 22:23:51 PST 2000

Hello all,

As the language definition reaches some very definite conclusions, I am
looking for any feedback you might have concerning the documentation
currently made available, ranging from formatting to language semantics
issues or even inconsistencies in the documentation. The syntax page has
been completely ignored for various reasons, but most of the concrete
definitions needed will distill from the Semantics page shortly. Also the
graphics environment and Mobius are largely unspecified as yet, but a lot
of ideas have been assembled for them which will be detailed when the
language specification has become concrete.

Please note the major addition of namespaces to the language definition as
a metaphor for creating and manipulating objects.

I know that this process seems slow, but I need to have certain
requirements ensured by the language definition before official
implementation can begin, since a lot of decisions we are making at this
point are not reversible in simple ways. Thanks a lot for your interest and
for bearing with me.

	Thanks,
		Brian