Some research papers relevant to the newest changes on 'semantics'

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Sat Jan 29 23:41:10 PST 2000

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/did/247619

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/details/dony-semantics.html

Both of these papers I found very relevant to the Slate design process.

At any rate, feel free to bring up issues that you are interested in for
the design. As of right now, I'm just trying to compile all the relevant
ideas for Slate into a small set of specific requirements for the language
implementation. When this is done, I'll start to discuss the language more
and we can decide as a group what's to be kept and what's to be thrown
away. Until then, the specification will be too sketchy to provide a good
discussion basis, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll let you know when I feel I understand the language well enough to
present it coherently, as well as when major points are reached on the
Slate web pages.

	Brian