Slate on Corman Lisp

Chris Double chris at double.co.nz
Fri Nov 29 13:58:34 PST 2002

Brian T Rice <water at tunes.org> writes:

> Incidentally, how are you finding Slate to use? (aside from awfully
> slow)

I haven't done much yet with it. Last night was the first time I
looked at it 'seriously'. Previous times I've browsed the
documentation and read the code. It's always been on my todo list to
try out but never quote managed to get around to it. But every time
you mention it on various lists I get the urge to look at it because
it sounds so interesting and I finally got around to doing it.

I'm going to try porting across a couple of things and see how it
goes. I'll let you know what I think when I've used it a bit more. I
hope you don't mind silly beginner questions being posted to this
list.

I've never used multi-method dispatch in a prototype based system so
it should be fun. In fact the only protoype based systems I've used
are io and Cel.

Chris.