Updates and plans

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Aug 20 22:14:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Brian T Rice wrote:

> example method to launch it is to invoke "(Compiler Compiler newOn:
> 'someCode' reader).", but don't scream and shout if you find bugs in that

That code should be:

(Compiler Compiler newOn: 'someCode' reader) next.

to get the first statement's IR tree. To get them all, use some more
batch-oriented stream methods. Obviously, you may want to inspect: the
results for debugging. This may take a while to get accustomed to, so be
prepared to read the IR comments in src/optimizer/ir.slate and
doc/ir_notes.txt .

I've also considered adding some IR tracing print-out, that shows the
parts of the tree at once, to get a quick idea of what's in there. I could
do it in a Lisp format, but whatever is done should make sense to people.
Perhaps this could be a little hack project for someone. Any suggestions
or volunteers?