Filing in X11

Mikael Svane u83804552 at telia.com
Sun Dec 7 01:08:04 PST 2003

Hello,

I am new to Slate, which judging by the written material looks very interesting. After having followed the readme file up to the point where the image has been saved under the name slate-full, I wanted to try the X11 user interface (using MicroImages X-server on Windows XP) and after examining the files in the 'ui' directory (which probably by the way should be renamed 'graphics', since at least the src/ui/build.slate file uses that name for the directory), I made two modifications to src/ui/build.slate, in order to compile with src/graphics/X11/colors.slate and src/graphics/X11/port.slate. The last change was made since the port.slate file originally referred to seemed to be only a template. All files get compiled, with the exception of the src/graphics/X11/port.slate file, which gives an error (Bad argument name in method definition on line 33: X11). Obviously I am doing something wrong. What is the correct way of filing in the X11 user interface and how do I connect to the X-server after a successful fileIn?

Best regards,
Mikael Svane
mikael.svane at swipnet.se