Merry Christmas!

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Dec 25 12:12:50 PST 2003

Thanks, and merry Christmas to everyone. :-)

I feel I should hand out goodies;  the 0.2.1 release is waiting for me to
finish up some work I've been doing, so that will have to wait at least a
few more days (I promised monthly anyway), but currently I can hand out
the screenshots that Douglas Brebner has been making to test his graphics
functionality work. You can see them from here:

http://slate.tunes.org:8080/wiki/Screenshots

which links to http://www.fang.demon.co.uk/Slate/

The code in the slate-current tarball will do all this. The code posted
with the graphics files illustrates how to get the guts of the system
initialized. (Note: it doesn't solve how to get CLX running /before/ you
load/build Slate, which is essential, but hopefully not too hard.) We'll
try to deliver 0.2.1 with the higher level abstractions in the UI
libraries working, though.

This is all thanks to Doug, although I've been kind of guiding him a bit
around the system and such.