Test binaries uploaded. Please test these out.

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Tue Jul 29 19:40:48 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Brian T Rice wrote:

> There are a few critical bugs left due to my stream refactorings,
> primarily in RandomStream (which prevents the LifeGame demo from running),
> which I want to eliminate before making this public.
>
> Streams are used nearly everywhere, so for this reason I need to take care
> of the remaining issues before stamping it with "final". (This also points
> out why I need some really comprehensive unit testing.. I will probably
> port over the ANSI Smalltalk tests or such.)

Well, it seems that this bug is not present on any other lisp
implementation that I've tested, so I can only assume that ECL is a really
poor choice for deploying anything Lisp-centric (as opposed to using it
to extend a primarily C app).

The ECL-conditionalized code doesn't seem to have an effect that I can see
on what's happening. If anyone has some input or insight on this, I'd
welcome it.