[glenalec@shoalhaven.net.au: Slate 0.1 binaries. I can't get it to work!]

Nicolas et Ryoko nicolas.pelletier3 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 31 11:29:16 PDT 2003

> From: "Glenn Alexander" <glenalec at shoalhaven.net.au>
> Subject: Slate 0.1 binaries. I can't get it to work!
> To: tunes at tunes.org
> Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:57:01 +1000 (EST)
>

> I installed the appropriate binary and just get the message:
>
> bash-2.05b$ cd /slate
> bash-2.05b$ ./slate
> Illegal instruction
>
> No doubt it's me doing something very silly/obvious. I am on a mostly
> Debian/testing distro, but got the same results on a fully current
> Debian/unstable system on my play partition.

'Illegal instruction' usually means the binary cannot be understood by
the processor. Which processor are you using ?

The gcc  command line  generated by ECL  did not  contain cpu-specific
options, so  I assumed the binary  would be safe on  any x86 processor
(even if  optimizations were  turned on). That  may not have  been the
case :-\

--
Nicolas