What is the more important to do?

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:40:50 PDT 2003

I am still following the idea of using writer.slate to test the parser.
That's why I care about FileStream next.
The idea is to use the writer.slate, to rewrite pretty long files in slate,
and see that the result make sense, and if not fix it (either parser or
writer).

Then, I/We should go in the optimizer directory, and begin to try
what's there and what it does.

The idea is to have bytecode generated from our .slate files.
And from there IR code.

>From there, it is supposed to be easy to generate some other
low-level code from the IR code.

And then, bootstrapping, as I see it would be done.

But maybe, I don't see things clearly. So I ask, if I have limited time to
put
on Slate, where should I put it?