Why I like slate.

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 19:31:40 PDT 2003

I am/was following the TUNES project for a long time.
I had also read some of the papers written by Luca Cardelli.
One of them was suggesting that oriented-object programming
languages was more expressive than functionnal ones. But
by oriented-language, he was mentionning that prototypes
based languages was much more expressive than class-based
ones. And indeed I intuitively agree.

I have seen 'a bit' Smalltalk. Self, was too big, if I remember
well, for me to download. So I was somehow on stanby, waiting for
someone to come with a nice Self+Smalltalk like language.

And I know Brian knows well what is going on on many programming
language, and on the TUNES project, so I expect Slate to be a
nice little platform.

But normally, I was/am trying to avoid programming languages
unpopular. I really believe in the 'Worst is better' philosophy.
But I just can't stop dreaming of a TUNES like platform!