For the Emacs users

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Fri May 23 22:43:59 PDT 2003

I just committed a new version of the Emacs mode, which basically has
most of the major features working now. Here are the details:

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Brian T Rice wrote:

> Indentation is still mostly in its same odd state. If there is someone who
> can assist with the algorithms for this, I would appreciate it, even if
> it's just some pointers to good explanations.

Indentation is fixed. There are some minor preferences that may change,
but it's mostly fine now.

> Inferior mode is almost working. I'm concerned that I'll only be able to
> really use one Lisp implementation with it, since they all have these odd
> listener behavior quirks. CLISP again will likely be the candidate to
> pick; it's designed for interaction anyway.

It works now, although there is a glitch left which is bothering me, in
that the working directory for the lisp program is not set properly.

This means that 'src/init.slate' will not file in out of the box, since it
uses relative pathnames which aren't resolving to the right base. A PWD
env parameter is being passed to the slate command on startup, but this is
somehow not really helping.

Use C-h m to get mode help for regular Slate files or the extended mode
for the REPL. This will show you the relevant keybindings to evaluate
regions, start and stop the interpreter, and load files.

Anyway, enjoy! :)