VC++ and bootstrapping

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Mon Aug 2 02:40:15 PDT 2004

hi!

Just a report: successfully generated a working VM + image on cygwin.
Tried to compile the same vm with VC++ and it works fine, except when an
optimization called "Global Optimizations" is turned on. In that case

I don't know what this optimization do, but changing it makes the 130k
exe to be only 100k.

And another note: the VC++ compiled vm is noticably slower... loading
the image with the gcc version takes 3 secs, while with VC++ version it
takes 9 secs!

Could be due to it's code size + cache size, but I can't lower the size
of the exe with any optimizations.

That's all for now,

- 101