[BUG] Which libs loads, and which don't!

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Aug 3 12:35:25 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 14:01, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> After I had stolen Ken Causey's two lines:
> _ at lobby requires: _ [].
> _ at lobby provides: _ [].

This is now incorporated into root.slate and in the very near future
should be in the image.

> I was able to test which libs loads, and which don't.
>
> Here is the results:

<snip>

> digraph: The following condition was signaled:
> The method #SortedSet was not found for the following arguments:
> {(globals . prototypes . VM . Types .
>                 Mixins . traits )}

This is due to order in which you loaded this.  SortedSet is defined in
sortedset.slate which is not yet loaded.  I'm assuming of course that
you loaded these in the order they are presented here.

<snip>

> lzw: The method #Trie was not found for the following arguments:
> {(globals . prototypes . VM . Types .
>                 Mixins . traits )}

Hmm.  #Trie seems to have disappeared somewhere along the way.  Or maybe
this has just never been finished.

<snip>

> module: The method #modules was not found for the following arguments:
> {(traits . False . lobby . bootstrapInterpreter .
>                 specialOops . Nil . NoRole . Symbols .
>                 bootstrapSymbols . bootstrapCharacters . True . Console )}
> I made this one last.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'I made this one last."  I'm guessing this
one is an artifact of module support not being ready for the bootstrap
system in 0.3.  Someone else may have a better answer.

<snip>

> regex: The following condition was signaled:
> The method #'*' was not found for the following arguments:
> {Nil. 16}

Well, understandably the Nil oddball does not how to multiply.  But why
this is coming up is not at all clear to me.  Particularly on just

<snip>

Ken