Trying to eliminate optimizations on some functions with VC++

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 12:55:28 PDT 2004

Hi, I normally use MINGW (through Bloodshed DEV-C++) without problems on
Windows.
MINGW is Minimal GNU for Windows.

But to try your #pragma stuff, I just reinstalled free VC++ Toolkit 2003.

I tried with the #pragma around the function (not around the function
declaration).

I have put all the relevant files in a test directory.

With cl vm.c -DNDEBUG=1 vm.c boot.c file.c
I get to slate prompt.

But with cl -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 vm.c boot.c file.c
or cl -Ox -DNDEBUG=1 vm.c boot.c file.c
I get Unhandled exception before Slate prompt.

Here some optimizations switches:

                              -OPTIMIZATION-

/O1 minimize space                       /Op[-] improve floating-pt
consistency
/O2 maximize speed                       /Os favor code space
/Oa assume no aliasing                   /Ot favor code speed
/Ob<n> inline expansion (default n=0)    /Ow assume cross-function aliasing
/Od disable optimizations (default)      /Ox maximum opts. (/Ogityb2 /Gs)
/Og enable global optimization           /Oy[-] enable frame pointer
omission
/Oi enable intrinsic functions

Any other good candidate to not optimize?
PS: I read throug IRC logs, so I can read some suggestions without Emails.

Des mécanismes de contrôle parental puissants permettent à votre enfant de
découvrir tout ce qu’Internet a à offrir.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/parental Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.