Trying to eliminate optimizations on some functions with VC++

Jaco van der Merwe jaco.lists at telkomsa.net
Sun Aug 8 15:46:54 PDT 2004

I also tested with the global optimization switched off around this function
and then the release build works for VC++.

However, I view this as a workaround. We need to find the reason why this
happens.

Is it a compiler bug or is it something in the VM code that becomes
susceptable to this problem with optimizations? If it is the latter it needs
to be corrected so that the same won't happen with other compilers either.

Jaco