Windows Services for UNIX (a commercial alternative to Cygwin)

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:48:26 PDT 2004

[Begin of off-topic]
I was not aware Windows
had it's own Cygwin's like suite.

It is called Windows Services for Unix and seems it should be downloadable
at no charge (but have to use Passport account). You can see details at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/

I don't intend to use it, it is just that I think it is usefull to know that
it exists.

Anyway if someone try it, I would be curious you privately email-me your
comments on it
and how much big a download it is.

Unless Lee or Brian suggest they'd like to know too, and that you can post
such comments
here (but I will doubt so).

[End of Off-topic]

--Paul

Balayez vos courriels entrants et sortants et les pièces jointes et
contribuez à éliminer les virus destructeurs susceptibles d’y être intégrés.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/virus Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.