Slate: extreme optimization

Waldemar Kornewald Waldemar.Kornewald at web.de
Thu Jul 29 08:42:12 PDT 2004

You only talk about the tasks that Slate fits best. Slate is easy to learn and use, powerful, etc., but when you want to write a fast embedded OS for your multimedia-station in your living-room or when you want to write a video codec, you will not even get a fast FFT algorithm.
You don't know how hard it would be to implement that, do you? :)

Bye,
Waldemar