Bootstrapped VM doing file IO

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Mon May 24 19:53:42 PDT 2004

On May 24, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Brian Rice wrote:

> Cool, thank you.
>
>> - In all the places where I use (integer >> 1) I should probably be
>> using a macro
>
> ObjectPointer_asSmallInt, an inline method (er, C function).

Incidentally, you can find this as the asSmallInt method for
ObjectPointers in layout.slate. This module defines most of your basic
heap data manipulation methods.

I need to make theses sources more accessible in some way; they're
generally pretty easy to work with, but so far only Lee and I really
mess with them, for reasons that have been obvious. It shouldn't remain
so, though; we spent a lot of time making sure it was reasonable to
work with (it's heavenly compared to Squeak's Slang!).

Anyway, feel free to bring up how-to questions for extending Slate.
Maybe I'll try to write little articles or weblog posts on it.
Opinions?