Does it make sense to remove slots ?

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Mon Nov 8 23:33:55 PST 2004

Neat! Finally a fun post.

I'll just follow up by adding that multiple dispatch can change
#squish'es into:

e@(Ellipse traits) be: c@(Circle traits)
[
   "..."
   "Hocus pocus, ala kazaam, alchemy, voodoo, and presto, an ellipse
becomes a circle!"
   e xRadius = e yRadius
     ifTrue: [e traits: c traits]
].

c@(Circle traits) be: e@(Ellipse traits)
[
   "..."
   "By the powers invested in me, I decree you an ellipse!"
   c traits: e traits
].

Although this last method could just be the same as a default be:
method. :-)

You can almost smell the eeeeeeeevil. >:-)

>>> c@(Circle traits) xRadius: r [ c radius: r ].
>>> c@(Circle traits) yRadius [ c radius ].
>>> c@(Circle traits) yRadius: r [ c radius: r ].
>>>
>>> for me it makes sense since Circles are special cases of Ellipses
>>> where both
>>> radius are the same, so, whatever method I can apply to an Ellipse
>>> should be
>>> also available to Circle, except that a Circle can have only one
>>> radius.
>>> That's why I removed the slots, created another one, and then created
>>> accessors as if it was an Ellipse. Maybe the write accessors
>>> shouldn't
>>> be