Pointers in Slate.

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Wed Nov 10 10:44:54 PST 2004

I started working in a Cairo/X backend (I need a couple of xlib calls, so, I'm
making a backend for those calls as well). I'm making the xlib wrapper
separatly of the cairo wrapper so if someone wants to use the xlib wrapper
and not use the cair wrapper, he/she can.
I'm starting bit by bit... based on a cairo program that draws a spline.
The first thing the cairo program does is this:
Display *dpy = XOpenDisplay(0);
So I made a wrapper for XOpenDisplay... I pass a byte array to it that is
decoded to a char* (that 0 is a char*), but then, what do I do with dpy ?
Should I pass it back to Slate ? should I make an array of opened displays ?
I then will have a lot of other pointers... most of the time I don't care
what's inside... it is just for passing arround.
Thanks.
--
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com - http://www.pupeno.com