Another channel for Slate

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Thu Nov 11 01:15:13 PST 2004

:: I'm mostly lurking here and tinkering with Slate as the development
:: level is still too low for me to really contribute usefully at this
:: stage, but I will chime in here.
::
:: Brian: I have seen a few posts from you which made me cringe for the
:: recipient.
::
:: Pupeno: I don't exactly know Brian's situation, but I suspect he is
:: quite frustrated by not being able to put nearly as much time into
:: Slate as he would like, mainly because of the need to put
:: food on the
:: table. While I can understand your reaction, I doubt Brian was
:: deliberately being snipey to you or anyone else personally.
[...]

well said!

Pupeno: I was trough the same situation/feelings, but realized that
Brian is right in his own way (stripping off the details of the actual
situations). Since then I always think twice before I ask, and look for
a way first to find the answer on my own. Partly due to respect, but
partly due to my own good: it pays off better if Brian and Lee are
working on Slate... :)

And probably because at work I know what it is to be asked too much...

So ease up and change the way you think of these things! I've
experienved that if you provide patches on your own, even if they need
some fixup (from which you can learn a lot) Brian is happy to apply/fix
them up.

bye,

- 101

PS: we have no cents anymore... :)